Small size silver plated badge with 2 original loops to reverse (not cut down from HPC). Worn on the field service cap in the 1890s. Circa 3cm wide and 2.3cm tall. In very good condition.
Churchill p161 & Fig 1001 refer.
Die struck in white metal with two original loops to the reverse (some twisting) and of two part construction with an applied scroll. A lot of discussion about the correct shape of the scroll exists but this one is exactly per the one one from Hugh King's collection sold by Bosley's 20th January 2010 Lot 380. Circa 1901 - 1908. In very good condition.
Comm StWi (65)
A die struck badge which has been silver plated with two original brass screw posts to the reverse. Worn on the pouch by many Rifle Volunteer Corps, the length of the land. In very good condition. Circa 3.2cm tall.
A WW1 VTC shoulder title on brass backing plate
Silver / gold coloured slider marked JR Gaunt Birmingham. In very good condition. It was renamed the 3rd Carabiniers in 1928 and amalgamated with the Royal Scots Greys, forming the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in 1971, so the naming on the slider is correct for the period.
Die struck, large at circa 49 mm tall. Never had any fixings. Owner believes it to be unfinished manufacturer's stock from the Gaunt pattern room.
A single collar badge with two original brass loops to the reverse (one with plier mark) otherwise in very good condition. The 1st Berwicks were allied to one of the Royal Scots' Volunteer Battalions in 1881 but allowed to retain its 1880 title. Sealed pattern for this title, 23rd May 1884. It mimics the regular battalion collar badge (Churchill No 4. In 1887 they were transferred to the KOSB and I believe changed the collar badge to the design shown immediately below. Rare.
Churchill No 25 refers.
A matched facing pair in size and all other respects (despite angle of photos) with two original dark toned lugs to the reverse of each. Gorgeous.
This pattern believed to have worn from 1887 - 1908 when they were affiliated with the King's Own Scottish Borderers. Scarce.
Churchill No 703 refers
Die struck in one piece in brass, manufacturer blackened with two original loops to the reverse. Worn with lugs circa 1908 - 1911. Possibly also by the cyclist companies of the 1st and 2nd Volunteer Battalions of the East Yorks (The cyclist companies wore slouch hats from 1903 - 1908).
This is not an OSD badge nor a collar. It is not a painted black bi-metal badge. It is not a blackened brass economy badge (which would have had a slider). It is one of the hardest cyclist badges to find - Unicorns spring to mind!
A stunning badge in silver plate and of two part construction with four original screw posts and one remaining original retaining nut with washer. Back-marked "Hobson & Son Lexington St, London". Worn with the standard lion's head boss and whistle and chain of the universal pattern in silver plate. Circa 9.3cm tall by 7.4cm wide. In excellent condition with light tarnishing to silver finish.
Col D Wood No 371A refers.
website designed and maintained by Concept500