A post 1957 two part construction badge with raised rim, all in silver chrome metal and with two original loops (east -west) to the reverse and two screw posts to the reverse of the eagle with its correctly fitting hexagonal retaining nuts (slight rust to one). Circa 41mm tall and 31 mm wide (slightly smaller than the example in Linaker & Dine).
This pattern worn by Corporals, Sergeants and Warrant Officers. Lance Corporals wore a different pattern in different metals.
The final photo shows this item with the Lance Corporals 'version and also the aa crossed kukris arm badge, both listed elsewhere on the site for sale and do not form part of this lot.
Linaker & Dine Plate 36.4 refers.
A 1957 Lance Corporals' pattern two part construction badge with raised rim, the oval in gilding metal and the eagle blackened, with two original loops (east - west) to the reverse and two original screw posts to the reverse of the eagle but now with replacement retaining nuts (should have been hexagonal). These do not fit well but at least hold the eagle in place. Otherwise in very good condition. Post 1992 amalgamation worn with a red cloth backing. Circa 43mm tall and 34mm wide
The final photo shows this item with the Corporals and above all silver chromed version and also the aa crossed kukris arm badge, both listed elsewhere on on the site for sale and do not form part of this lot.
Linaker & Dine Plate 36.4 refers.
A small staybrite badge in the form of crossed kukris.
Worn by all ranks. In the case of NCOs above the NCO's arm badge to commemorate the regiment's tanks serving with the 43rd Lorried Gurkhas fighting through Italy campaign in 1944-45. The badge was first adopted in 1947. Original central fixing loop to the reverse. In very good condition. Continued to be worn by the amalgamated Kings Royal Hussars post 1992.
See also my item 59931 for the mess dress bullion cloth version.
Linaker & Dine Note 52 p118 refers.
A small circular woven bullion badge in the form of crossed kukris in gold bullion thread. Worn by all ranks to commemorate the regiment's tanks serving with the 43rd Lorried Gurkhas fighting through Italy campaign in 1944-45. The badge was adopted in 1947. In very good condition. It was worn post amalgamation in 1992.
See also the anodised aluminium version listed as item
Linaker & Dine note 52 on p118 refers.
Die struck white metal version, post 1930 issue as worn by the amalgamated regiment ( with 6th Inniskilling Dragoons). Two original copper loops the the reverse. With correct dark green felt backing cloth as worn on battledress. It was not worn with the backing cloth on No 1 Dress. Circa 6.5cm wide from hoof to hoof. In good condition. Chevrons holed to accommodate badge.
Linaker & Dine P73-74 refer. Langridge (1959) shows a much deeper backing cloth than suggested by Linaker and Dine, and claims it was supplied 'cut to shape'.
Final photo shows a comparison with the Royal Scots Greys Cap Badge listed above for sale. The two are often confused.
The rare 1st pattern arm badge, hollow backed construction with two original loops to the reverse. Marker's mark partly obscured but appears to be R&W. Birmingham Assaye hallmarks and Letter P for 1889 (not the 1914 style of "P"). The tail separately cast and attached by the manufacturer, or a professional repair.
To quote from Linaker and Dine "One of the three unhallmarked Rearing Horse silver badges known to exist is shown in plate 19.2. No hallmarked badges have been traced as yet but the survival of the unhallmarked badges may be attributed to their not being accounted for as strictly as the later hallmarked issued badges. Sealed pattern approved in 1884. Rare.
Linaker & Dine P76 refers.
Layaway plan over several months available on this item provided payment is by cheque or bank transfer. Please note will not post overseas without prior email agreement.
Large POW feathers in unmarked silver plated white metal with three original loops to the reverse, the black felt backing as worn by the 12th Royal (Prince of Wales's Own) Lancers and brass backing plate with securing cotter pins. Some polishing to high points of plumes and green spots of verdigris on one side of the brass backing plate. A nice example and it came like this. Also worn following amalgamation by the 9th /12th Lancers but they tended to be in chrome. Circa 5.5cm tall without backings.
Linaker & Dine p96-98 refer.
Frosted silvered cast arm badge, finely detailed, worn post WW2, believed introduced in 1948 and made whilst the Regiment was in Germany. Circa 47mm high and 37mm wide. Three original silvered loops to the reverse. A heavy item with good sharp detail with no wear to finish to front of badge. Linklater & Dine p56 refers.
Bi Metal arm badge with all three original loops to reverse. In excellent condition with minor service wear to loops. Would have been worn on a mourning black back backing. Circa 47mm tall and 38mm wide.
Formed in 1971 by amalgamation of the 3rd Carabiniers and Royal Scots Greys.
Linaker & Dine Plate 12.1 refers.
Worn on left sleeve, white to front. White / Black diamond sewn on to a khaki backing. In good condition.
website designed and maintained by Concept500